Spring is here and it’s time to prepare for a new season of adventure. Follow our checklist to get your RV shined up, cleaned out, and in perfect working order.
- Perform a visual inspection. Open all doors and compartments, checking for water damage, wear & tear, or evidence of rodents.
- Reconnect your batteries and test your electrical system. Inspect your RV Battery and replace any dry cell batteries you may have removed for winter storage.
- Review safety measures. Test your RV’s carbon monoxide detector, LP gas leak detector and the smoke detector. Check the fire extinguisher and make sure it is fully charged.
- Air out your awning. Open the awning and give it a good clean with MAGIC-BOSS™ Citrus Awning Cleaner to remove built up dirt, tree sap, and stains, prevent mold growth.
- Give your RV’s exterior a good scrub. We recommend using a 3-Sided RV Washing Brush and Telescopic Pole paired with the tough and powerful MAGIC BOSS™ cleaning products.
- Raise the radio / TV Antenna.
- Check seals. Inspect all seams, windows and vents for cracks or water damage and reseal if necessary. Apply MAGIC BOSS™ Rubber Seal Conditioner to protect, condition, and extend the life of rubber seals.
- Lubricate all hinges, locks, and slide rails. Use MAGIC BOSS™ Lubricant & Protector, spraying for a moderate, even coat.
- Test the operation of any hydraulic jacks. Also check the hydraulic fluid level.
- Ward off critters. Mothballs placed near the gas burner assembly of the fridge will prevent spiders from nesting and causing gas flow blockages at the burner, and dryer sheets placed under mattresses and cushions will deter mice.
- Inspect tires. Look for signs of wear or cracks and inflate all tires to the recommended tire pressure.
- Check, inspect and test appliances. Review your furnace, refrigerator, air conditioner, etc., to make sure everything is in working order.
- Freshen up your drinking water tank. Use a Drinking Water Tank Freshener and flush the tank thoroughly to rid your drinking water system of that unpleasant, stale taste.
- Treat Black & Grey Water Tanks. Minimize odor from your black and grey tanks with a drop-in treatment. Regular use will keep holding tanks and sensors clean and operational, ensuring pipes, valves and seals will be trouble free.
- Give your mattress and bedding a refresh. Check out our comfortable line of RV Traveler’s Choice mattresses and bedding for the best night’s sleep.
Ready to make this your best RV season yet? You’ll find all the advice and supplies you need for a successful season at your local RV Care Dealership.