Family is an important part of who we are. That’s why when you work with us, you’re part of the Chemo RV family. Throughout our 40 years as a family owned and operated business, we’ve made it a priority to support and strengthen our employees, and our community.
Our family is expanding! Do you share the same passion for people, community, and quality? Come join us.
Please send resumes or questions direction to email@example.com
SERVICE TECHNICIAN – 150 Mile House
We are looking to hire an Apprentice Technician or Service Technician to join our family.
The Apprentice Service Technician works under the guidance of a journeyman and performs maintenance of propane and electrical appliances, minor plumbing and carpentry.
Duties may include:
- Performing RV maintenance/repairs as assigned by advisor or Service Technician
- Completing service and repair assignments correctly to pass quality inspections
- Using a computer to look up and obtain repair orders and parts requests, and document information after repairs
- Assisting in lot maintenance
- Maintaining cleanliness of the customer’s RV
- Assisting technicians with repair procedures
- Cleaning shop as directed by Technician
- Small repairs and oil changes
- Delivering and picking up RVs
- Assisting with overseeing the flow of RVs in and out of the shop
- Assisting with keeping the RVs organized on the lot
- High school diploma
- Basic shop skills
- Excellent listener
- Ability to take direction
- Comfortable working independently and on a team
- Desire to upgrade and learn new skills
- Pride in workmanship
- Knowledge or experience in electricity, gas fitting, carpentry, plumbing, mechanics, and sheet metal are considered an asset
If you choose to enrol in the education program to become a journeyman, an apprenticeship program for a recreation vehicle service technician is 24 weeks of technical training, taken over a 3-4-year period, depending on the province. This includes a minimum of 1,600 hours of on-the-job training.
Chemo RV is willing to support Apprentices who wish to pursue further or upgraded training.
The Red Seal Program was established to provide greater mobility across Canada for skilled workers. Through the program, apprentices who have completed their technician training and certified journeypersons, are able to obtain a "Red Seal" endorsement on their Certificates of Qualification and Apprenticeship by successfully completing an Inter-Provincial Standards Examination. More information can be found at www.red-seal.ca
RV SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Recreation Vehicle Certified Technicians examine, troubleshoot and diagnose units needing repair and maintenance. They install, repair and maintain interior and exterior components on motor homes, travel trailers, fifth wheel trailers, truck campers, tent trailers and van conversions.
Duties may include:
- Installing accessories; performing pre-delivery inspections; reading and writing repair orders; troubleshooting, repair and maintenance on propane gas and electric appliances such as furnaces, refrigerators, water heaters, ranges and air conditioners; repairs to fiberglass, body and structural components; installation, repair, replacement and maintenance of roofs, siding, windows, doors, vents, awnings, floor coverings, cabinets, counters, plumbing systems, electrical systems, propane gas systems, batteries and charging systems
- Installing trailer and fifth wheel hitches and wire tow vehicles, and performing maintenance and repairs on trailer frames, undercarriage and suspension
- Using testing equipment, troubleshooting techniques, manufacturers' specifications, and online resources to assist in locating faults and performing repairs
- Using manuals, catalogues and online resources to order repair parts and components
- Using computerized and electronic devices for testing components
- Communicating with supervisors, manufacturers and consumers to ensure timely, efficient and economical repairs
- Training such as factory training, service schools and certification programs through attendance of a trade college or through distance learning that offer programs for RV service training
- Good manual dexterity and balance while working off the ground
- The ability to periodically lift in excess of 25 kilograms
- Mechanical, electrical and electronics aptitude
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities
- Good communication, organizational and learning skills
- The desire to upgrade and learn new skills as technology advances
- The ability to work independently and as a team member
- Pride in workmanship and the desire to attain a superior level of expertise
- Desire to be challenged with a variety of tasks that are rarely repetitious in nature